©2020 Built with love by Nick Howland.

VISCOM 1 / Package Redesign Finals

VISCOM 1 / Package Redesign Finals
October 29, 2012 nick howland

As we close out the package redesign project, we finalized our designs and then had to photograph the boxes as if we were shooting the actual products. I had a few problems with the design of the full color image – every time I placed the image of the bullet into the Illustrator file (from Photoshop), the image would seem to be placed fine but  would then print with a gray color field behind it. I ended up finding a work around for it, which seemed to work find.

Here are the final images in their respected categories:

Glyph / Simplicity / Figure Ground

[nggallery id=16]

Photo / Simplicity / Figure Ground, Similarity

[nggallery id=18]

Altered Image / Movement / Dilation, Figure Ground, Rotation

[nggallery id=17]

To give a bit more context to how many iterations the boxes went through and to show the overall process of design to design, I took photos of all the boxes of each design together. On the far left is the original design and the box on the far right is the current, final design.

Glyph

[nggallery id=19]

Photo

[nggallery id=20]

Altered Photo

[nggallery id=21]

Finally, to further show the process I went through in designing the bullet boxes, I took screenshots of each design, from the very beginning, as I designed each box. The screenshots allow one to see scrapped designs that didn’t work as well as the development of the designs that ended up being the finals.

[nggallery id=22]