After the initial round of experimentation, I wanted to explore the discoveries I made and further push them a little bit. Sticking with the “consumerist” theme that dealt with multiples and repetition, I brought out the faithful transparencies. This allowed me to layer different words that are repeated throughout the poem. Part of my idea is that I could layer them according to how many times the word appears. So, if the word “more” appears 3 times, it will have three layers. Another experiment with printing on transparencies came when I looked closer into the dot pattern of the letterforms printed with a laser printer. The vast complexity seems to lend itself to the theme well.
I did a few different experiments with the color / photography a bit and those lead to another possibility as well, one that hasn’t been fleshed out as much but one that I think could hold some potential: the idea of presenting the poetry in an infographic kind of way. The poetry, for me anyways, can be very quantitative at times– especially when you begin to look further into and tally up the amount of times Stein uses a certain word so many times in a poem. There seems to be a pattern. This is definitely something I would like to flesh out some more.