The first project in Type 1, I feel, was all about the study of the anatomy of typefaces. It dealt with deconstructing letterforms, determining the characteristics of the letterform, then abstracting it or creating a perfect reproduction of it.
The fourth part of project one, the portion I found to be the most difficult, was recreating a letterform perfectly. We chose letterforms at random, had to measure them out, then translate those measurements to a large sheet of Bristol board. I chose the Futura lowercase ‘q.’ I definitely think I could have done better on this portion of the project. The craftmanship was well done and I kept the Bristol clean, but the linework was wobbly and should have been much more crisp. The bowl of the letterform was rather hard to paint with solid, clean lines since it isn’t a perfect circle; more like an oval than anything else. I will take what I learned on the project and use it to better the work ahead .