The first week has begun! And then it ended. Pretty quickly, actually.
So, through the course of this week, I basically just took down all of my ideas and begun to organize them on paper. I took a step back and analyzed what exactly I was trying to do, figured out what the base idea of the end product would be like, then started to put together a rough schedule of things to do.
To the left is the rough template for the process book I will be putting together for this project. Below are the notes I took this week.
- The main purpose of this project is to create a system that allows for a sharing of knowledge and skills by professionals while utilizing today’s technology to craft a fully interactive experience.
- something to supplement a formal education
- a system that both utilizes technology and promotes physical interaction.
How I can use and promote technology within this system:
- allows for more interactive, in-depth experience when not meeting in person
- take advantage of front-facing and regular cameras for crit, meetings, or just to document work
- possibly implement a calendar system? someway to keep track of projects and due dates.
- be able to take notes, draw directly on digital depiction of work
- possibly be able to take a 3D “panorama” of work, so someone can view it and spin it completely around.
- fully utilize technology- this is how this system will be set apart from the competition.
- use specific devices: possibly desktop and tablet for more screen space.
- maybe a stripped down app for phone? with calendar / planner, etc?
How I can use and promote physical interaction outside the system:
- This helps tie the app in with a regular, university education
- everyone says that the physical elements of school is the most important part- this system can have that.
- can have a weekly or bi-weekly meeting between students and instructors.
- open-office hours with professionals either in person / skype call / chat.
- physicality will help with accountability, which is super important!!
- gamification element? to help provide motivation for people to accomplish assignments
- with a formal education, there are people to help keep you on track and organized. This is where the physical element comes in.
To do next:
- research physical school alternatives, like School Hous, etc.
- research SkillShare, Udemy, etc. and take notes on positives and negatives. Take a class!
- talk to Spencer about SkillShare
- research forms of learning and find ways to implement within this system